Community Forum

Straight Egyptian Arabians

An archive of suggestions which are either added to the game or closed as "not possible". You may comment on archived suggestions but you cannot start a new post in this sub-forum.
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Straight Egyptian Arabians

Post by Argent »

I discovered an old guide to producing new breeds on HWO and in it, SEAs are listed as a cross between Arab and Caspian and something else I think. In reality, the entire purpose of the SE title is to ensure purity of breeding, so this is an incorrect formula. I think Arabs from the adoption center should be called Straight Egyptian, and all crosses between Arab types (Egy, Pol, etc.) should be called simply Arabian.
larissar
Site Admin
Site Admin
Visit My Farm

Re: Straight Egyptian Arabians

Post by larissar »

The breeds were setup back in 2004 when the game first opened. I'm open to updating crosses if necessary. Can you post some links about the history of SE Arabians?

We do have various other types of Arabian, are you saying all other types should be called only Arabian?
Argent
Alpha Tester
Alpha Tester
Visit My Farm

Re: Straight Egyptian Arabians

Post by Argent »

No, just crosses between the various types should be plain Arabs, EDIT: so Polish x Egyptian would just be a plain Arab, and so on.
I'm going to look into whether there actually is foreign blood in the Polish, Shagya and Persian arabs; I think, at least for the first two, their names are derived simply from where they were bred and where that specific type was set.

History.

EDIT: There are various groups dedicated to preserving particular lines of Arabs that they believe are most pure, but the SE is the only one that has a proper name for the horse itself; there are also Blue List and Al Khamsa, Asil (German), and Sheykh Obeyd horses, all of which have different but often overlapping bloodlines that they consider pure.

EDIT AGAIN: The AHA supports the idea that all Arab types are purebred, with the only differences being the foundation stock or location of development.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 6:56 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 6:56 pm