Community Forum

Purchase in game Money

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
ImpressiveInstant
Visit My Farm

Purchase in game Money

Post by ImpressiveInstant »

Hi everyone,
I have already brought Pony Tokens with real life money which is very good!
One extra thing would be a bonus is if I could purchase bulk sums of in game money. ($150,000 game money for like e.g $20 USD or something)
Or alternatively, make each item in game available to be brought either with money or pony tokens. There is some items I would like to get but I have no money but heaps of pony tokens.
Thank you,
~Bonnie aka ImpressiveInstant
vallers
Visit My Farm

Re: Purchase in game Money

Post by vallers »

I disagree even if it would raise more money for the game. It would inflate the prices of horses to the point that people who can't afford to pay real life money for ingame cash would suffer. Once a person gets started, making money is easy.
ruby_jane
Visit My Farm

Post by ruby_jane »

I'd have to agree with vallers.
Making money is easy without the help of people using real life money as an advantage.
Your best bet to use store tokens would be tack store, upgrades or adopting horses.
Ashara Storm
Visit My Farm

Post by Ashara Storm »

I am against this idea as well. It would ruin the current in-game economy. Players would be exchanging PT for horses and I am VERY against that. Seriously, it is VERY easy to earn player cash and free Pony Tokens if you just do the work for yourself. Don't change what isn't broken. This is a stable game with a stable game economy. Leave that aspect alone.
Malakai20
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Malakai20 »

I'd also rather not have this implemented. Look at Howrse, for example. The people at the top of the game either spend hundreds (or thousands!) of RL money to get there; those that don't have absolutely no chance of getting to the top without everyone else in the game quitting.

I like the game the way it is because everyone has a chance of making it to the top ten if they spend enough time playing. It makes me want to work hard at and play this game. I much prefer that to the despair I feel every time I play a game where there is a huge gap between those that do and don't spend RL money.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

I agree with the negative comments as well, I too, like the way the community is working right now and am still unsure (on the negative side) with allowing any horses to be sold for PT as well. It really changes dynamics and although it makes things neat in certain instances and certain ways... it puts a huge chasm between classes of people (it also cases a lot of classes of different people to be born that would have otherwise kept the field more level).
As a thought, some of the tack, when it cycles through, comes back selling for PT or also selling for money. What I mean is, certain colored tacks change (I don't know if that was purposeful, but it did make it really nice) from PT to money and back.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Agree with and support "no RW $ for HWO $".

"Heaps of Pony Tokens" == hey, if you have 500 of them, go to Premium level! This will enable you to play longer and faster. The more you train, enter local shows, take Player courses, or cycle through another day on your farm, the more Experience Points (that "Xp" progress bar between your PT total and your time indicator) you gain. With enough, you "level up" and that gets you several thousand HWO $ as well as some PTs. You'd also fulfill one of the Supporting quests.

Ways to convert Pony Tokens (PTs) into HWO $:

-- Mow (a) pasture/s. Consider having some extra pastures for this. With this you're essentially exchanging farm time for money. Possible problems: might need to enlarge your farm (requires HWO $); time passing = horses aging. They tend to die at 20 years or more.

-- Sell things like barn furnishings and tack back to the game That's a desperation move, because you'll only get 1/10 of the value back.

-- Sell a horse. Note that Adoption Center horses probably won't sell for very much, unless they have remarkably good Breeder's Reports, unusual color, or if (stallions only) they have produced foals with good competition records. (It takes about a year of a mare's life to produce a foal.) Generally, horses with good competition records of their own have been trained (requiring time and effort). (Local Shows don't produce competition records; public shows do).

Players can obtain HWO $ by all the actions mentioned above, by having a horse win in Local or public shows, by sponsoring competitions, or by posting a stallion for public breeding. Occasionally a player will hold a raffle or special competition/s -- look at Community often, especially "Contests".
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

#8 (BlackOak2) Sorry, I think you are mistaken about tack. Select colors, including Blue, Red, and Lime, always cost PTs, while others, including Magenta and Purple, cost HWO $. Also, the solid-colored Black or White English saddles always cost PTs.
Scythian
Visit My Farm

Post by Scythian »

Scythian wrote:Agree with and support "no RW $ for HWO $".

"Heaps of Pony Tokens" -- hey, if you have 500 of them, go to Premium level! This will enable you to play longer and faster. The more you train, enter local shows, take Player courses, or cycle through another day on your farm, the more Experience Points (that "Xp" progress bar between your PT total and your time indicator) you gain :geek: . With enough, you "level up" and that gets you several thousand HWO $ as well as some PTs :ugeek: . You'd also fulfill one of the Supporting quests.

Ways to convert Pony Tokens (PTs) into HWO $:

-- Mow (a) pasture/s. Consider having some extra pastures for this. With this you're essentially exchanging farm time for money. Possible problems: might need to enlarge your farm (requires HWO $); time passing = horses aging. They tend to die at 20 years or more.

-- Sell things like barn furnishings and tack back to the game That's a desperation move, because you'll only get 1/10 of the value back.

-- Sell a horse. Note that Adoption Center horses probably won't sell for very much, unless they have remarkably good Breeder's Reports, unusual color, or if (stallions only) they have produced foals with good competition records. (It takes about a year of a mare's life to produce a foal.) Generally, horses with good competition records of their own have been trained (requiring time and effort). (Local Shows don't produce competition records; public shows do).

Players can obtain HWO $ by all the actions mentioned above, by having a horse win in Local or public shows, by sponsoring competitions, or by posting a stallion for public breeding. Occasionally a player will hold a raffle or special competition/s -- look at Community often, especially "Contests".
GoldenLotusStablesII
Visit My Farm

Post by GoldenLotusStablesII »

alternatively we should be able to sell pony token to others for actual coins or as currency for buying/selling things and earn coins generally, just a suggestion not sure if this will impact the games economy or just recycle the pony tokens
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 7:10 pm

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 7:10 pm