Community Forum

ages??

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
kangaromeo
Visit My Farm

ages??

Post by kangaromeo »

so ive been seeing retired horses, or people using the phrase "breeding age" or "retirement age" and im desperately curious to know when these ages are? haha thank u :)
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: ages??

Post by BlackOak2 »

kangaromeo wrote:so ive been seeing retired horses, or people using the phrase "breeding age" or "retirement age" and im desperately curious to know when these ages are? haha thank u :)
I assume you're not referring to retired horses, as in horses that have already died.
Breeding age (when not noted) is 4 for mares and 3 for stallions.
Some of us (including me) have specific ages for retirement or breeding (separate from age of death, or age of maturity). When I mark a horse as retired, it means (in my specific case) I was able to get from them the number or also quality of offspring I wanted from that horse. When another may mark their horse as up for breeding, it may mean, they have performed well in competitions and carry certain (unknown) hidden genes that could be passed on to their offspring to heighten the offspring's ability to compete.
Most often (at least in my case) it is less connected to ages and much more connected to how the horse performs and when it gives what it was intended to give. So in my case, a horse can be retired from my program as early as 5 years, or as late as whenever they die.
kangaromeo
Visit My Farm

Post by kangaromeo »

thank you :0
texí
Visit My Farm

Post by texí »

kangaromeo wrote:so ive been seeing retired horses, or people using the phrase "breeding age" or "retirement age" and im desperately curious to know when these ages are? haha thank u :)
I have more than 100 horses so I hardly ever have all mares bred, some of them are bred at 10 for the first time, some of them at 4, it depends on how many horses I have at the time, the same about stallions.
I breed arabs and they are nearly immortal, some of the mares retire at 45 or even later, most of them retire around 30 -35, I breed them till their death because I need their offspring and my requirements are quite hard, some of the mares are bred from 4 to 35 and I don't keep any of their foals.
Alpha ignis, signum astralis, flamma omega, multiversalis....
Mysister
Visit My Farm

Post by Mysister »

I'm confused about this retirement issue.
I've lost a horse to retirement before I was done with her - I didn't choose to retire her.

but, from what I'm reading here - you can retire them at your own choosing?
how do you do that?
Fox13
Visit My Farm

Post by Fox13 »

Mysister wrote:I'm confused about this retirement issue.
I've lost a horse to retirement before I was done with her - I didn't choose to retire her.

but, from what I'm reading here - you can retire them at your own choosing?
how do you do that?
There are three types of 'retirement'.
Retirement stated but horse lives: just means that the player no longer has much use for them and is just aging them out.
Retirement of horse: the game uses retirement to indicate that the horse is dead. Horses have temporary 'retirement' pages and the owner can not do anything more with the horse (it disappears entirely from the owner's farm).
Chosen retirement: In the case of a horse that has no descendants (and not no living descendants), the owner of the horse can choose to rehome the horse, which deleted the horse entirely from the game; it's as if the horse never existed to begin with.

The horse you had that 'retired before' you were done with her, died. No, you didn't chose to retire her, she reached an age where the game offers a percentage chance of retirement (or death) to occur. The older they get, the higher the percentage chance.
You can choose to retire certain horses with the exception that the horse cannot have any descendants (living or dead).
Mysister
Visit My Farm

Post by Mysister »

I never thought of the 'rehoming' as a retirement.

but I do appreciate the explanation. it helps a lot.
thank you
wolfscout
Visit My Farm

Post by wolfscout »

What age are the horses when they die?
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

wolfscout wrote:What age are the horses when they die?
Horses begin to have the chance to die at 17 years. After that, the chance increases a little bit every turn.
Most horses appear to pass between 22 and 25 years.
Pregnant mares cannot die, except on the day they give birth.
wolfscout
Visit My Farm

Post by wolfscout »

Thanks, that helps a lot, because i was interested in buying another horse, but i wasn't skilled enough, and my horse was close to dying so i wanted to know what age it would die at so i could know and be ready to buy another horse. Thanks!
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 6:19 am

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:19 am