Community Forum

€R♛ Royale - (Farm Log)

Create a topic to track the progress of your breeding program, help support other breeders with their breeding goals.
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm

Re: €R♛ Royale - (Farm Log)

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
HallOfFame 2 wrote:
To keep her and breed her. Why do you ask?

~ HOF 2
:D no particular reason.. just doing a bit of 'research' on turks, and noticed her there.. just a bit rare to see a foundation horse trained like that (not that there is anything wrong with that at all)

and of course if it was unwanted i was going to see how much you wanted... but dont worry because im not really ready to buy any yet :D all the best with her!
Oh yes XD. I hand picked her from the AC XD

~ HOF 2
Royale
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale »

peacefulOreo wrote:
heey, i keep forgetting to ask you to pick up your mare and foal that you asked me to birth :D

http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2077939
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2090328
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

Update: September 13,2019

First up, a tonne has happened since last update! Most of my projects have grown, and I've created a "Project Log" Good Idea or not, its been created, so lets just see how it goes, right? See here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 4&p=130607

Project no. 1: The Australian Project
Brief Overview: Breeding the Australian Pony + Stock Horse from scratch.
Current Status: On Temporary 'hold' while accounts are being 'organised'
Update: I have bred some tb's! Pretty much, I've been using this level breed as my first "major benchmark" within this project, so humbly... ;) i'm pretty pleased with the result - although, I'm sure if I calculated my % success rate, I wouldn’t be quite so happy…

Further Notes:
Irrelevant, but I'm going to be absent from HWO for a couple of days soonish… So I want to get this 'Major Milestone' crossed off my list. As I'm writing this, I haven't yet bred a TB… but hopefully, by the time of posting, I will have some :) anyhow, here is the starting point… and sorry for the briefness in comparison to my previous notes, but it's just how this one turned out…

TB: [Arab x NAB] x [Akhal-Teke x Galloway]
TB:
Height: 15.0-16.3hh
Body Build: VL - ML
Body Size: 15% - 35%
Body Type: 85% - 65% Horse

Arabian
Height: 14.0 - 15.3 - Look on taller side
Body Build: VL - L - Slightly heavier, but shouldn’t matter
Body Size: 0 - 20% - Definitely heavier side
Body Type: 100 - 78% H - as less as possible, most important

NAB:
Height:14.0 - 16.0 - Look on taller side
Body Build: L - ML - Slightly heavier, but shouldn’t matter
Body Size: 20 - 40% - Definitely heavier side
Body Type: 80 - 70% horse - as less as possible, most important

Akhal-Teke
Height: 14.1 - 16.3 - Look on taller side
Build: VL - L - Slightly heavier, but shouldn’t matter
Body Size: 0 - 29% - Definitely heavier side
Body Type: 100 - 78% H- as less as possible, most important

Galloway:
Height: 10.3 - 13.2 - Look on taller side
Build: M - MH - Slightly heavier, but shouldn’t matter
Body Size: 40 - 60 - Definitely heavier side (but don’t think they will be really heavy)
Type: 50 - 70 Pony - as much pony as possible, most important.

First up, I completely underestimated the importance of height.. Height matters, a lot more than I thought it might. But saying that, many of my horses (i.e. the Galloway's and Akhal-Teke's) I didn't have a whole lot of choice..

For this part, I chose (stupidly enough) to have 6 mares and stallions of each breed, so to begin with, I had 24 horses, and as an end result had 72 possible foals. I didn't rehome any to start with, because unlike some of the other breeds, I wasn’t sure what a 'possible' and non-possible breeding horse would look like. (However, I did rehome a number of the Arabian and NAB crosses, as they resulted in Baladi's…) Later on, I also rehomed all horses under 13hh. Some of them may have worked - but I don’t know.

Because I had an abundance of potential studs, I started with the 'taller' ones - which really weren't all that tall, as only a handful matched the figures of 15.0, 15.1, .2, .3 and 16.0. First breeding 'session' I was lucky, and got 2x TB colts, very cute of course :) However, I learned pretty quickly what a grade horse is.. *[roll on the floor laughing!]*

(The rest is written a lot later:) hmm, I've heard of other players having trouble with getting Tb's, and i'd agree that it isn't the easiest recipe to follow, and successfully create (but far from the most difficult, too.) The biggest challenge (for me) was initially the height, but I soon learned what horses were - and weren't going to produce. All in all, the other 'failed breedings' weren't due to one particular area... some had body size too large, some to small, and so on.. pretty even, i think.

End result, i think I ended up with something like 8 Mares and 27 or so studs, only guessing... However, I would have liked more as the rest of this projects requires a whole lot of tbs'... who knows, i may have to dedicate these horses singularly for the stock horse, and start again from scratch for the pony and draught... we'll see when we get there...

A couple of my fav's, picked wholly for their looks:
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2103866
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2103571
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2109821
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2109814
http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2109658

ps - while i remember, when picking out the horses to create the TB, I came accross this horse: the importance? it's a foundation style horse with a *4 Evaluation ONLY (NOT *5) yet it was still a successful breed... we know they exist, but it's nice to see one yourself: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2033122

Up next: I'll have to have a look, but I think that it 'tis the Chicksaw, Waler, Quarter Horse, then,…. Stock Horse

€R♛

Project no. 2: Endurance Project
Brief overview: Create a line of Competitive Endurance Horses from an AC line with no help from external stock.
Current: well, not as far as I would like, really.. But this stage is pretty important, or at least, that’s what I think! Currently though, I'm going through and analysing all foals before deciding what to keep and what to cull…
Update: since last time: where to start? 1. chose my breed, 2. analysed data, 3. selected my foundation horses, 4. and choose their partners… now, I have their foals :)
Next Up: the next generation, I guess :) oh, and training - and competing - some of the AC Sires, just to use as 'test horses' along the way… no point timing your horses if you don’t know how far they've come, right?

€R♛

Project no. 3: 1 of every breed: Breeding Project
Brief overview: To breed 1 of every horse in the game, each breed with a separate linage, starting with AC horses and using no external stock. (not really an overview.. but you know...)
Current Status: on hold (but it's getting closer
Update: N/A

€R♛

Project no. 4: Show Steppers
Brief overview: To create my dream herd.. White, feathers, tall with high tails etc….
Current Status: on hold
Update: Well now here's a story for you…. I did start this project, but it rather promptly got put back on the shelf… 1.) there are two ways that I want to create the "white coat" that is, through minimising the paint pattern as much as possible, and through dilution to achieve the brightest psudo white. I - think - those terms make sense.. Anyhow, I got started, and messed up about everything possible. 1.) quickly started using external stock. 2.) I didn’t understand the paint pattern itself, and 3.) I tried to add the color before feathers, when it should have been arround the other way.. So: for now, on hold.

€R♛

hmmm - i've wiped off my 'Arabian' project off for now, and think I will do the same for the show steppers as well..
I apologise for the rambling mood I'm in today… that’s my excuse for this lengthy post anyhow..

…and since its Friday 13th for me here, I'm going to head before any black cats come snooping out from under the hay in the barn I haven't got…
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Your posts are usually always a good read. :D

I'm sure there will be a time when projects that have been dumped or shelved for a long-term might come back around. Especially when the introduction of another big color gets added to the game.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

Update: October 14, 2019

I was about to say "first up" but then discovered its exactly the same way that I started my last update…. *facepalms*
However…
Just letting anyone/everyone know that I'm going through a bit of a rough time in real life at the moment… so please be understanding that things will be moving a bit slower than usual, and I will not be online as often as I have been previously.

But back on track: since last update, I've mostly been focused on standardising all affiliate accounts: pretty much, getting them all to a decent level so courses are quicker to complete, getting them all to a standard size and introducing a standard for my branding so it's pretty obvious if an account is owned by yours truly. ;)

As far as projects go, I haven't really made too much headway. Let's see: I've done a miniscule amount with my Endurance Turks, nothing much to report though… Dabbled with TB's a little but truly haven't got time to concentrate on them no matter how much I'd like to put my hand up for that one, and finally the project that has seen the most progress is the Australian one:

Oh, before I forget: I've made a competition, please show you're support, enter and encourage your friends to enter!
Click here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 68#p133868

As a side note, there's so much happening on HWO at the moment! It's awesome to see the amount of competitive racing interest, the clubs and communities, and the current emphasis on "breeding from scratch" in comparison from breeding from 50%...
€R♛
Project No. 2: Endurance Project
So, although I mentioned above that I haven't technically made any "progress" as such with this particular project, I did train a handful of AC horses that I used as part of my baseline as a sort of "control measure." so every 5 generations or so, I'll train up a couple more, and see how much they have (hopefully) improved.

When I find them, I'll add in their results, but right now, Ive shifted everything together so I can "burn" through levels on my side accounts.. But I've already said that.

€R♛
Project no. 1: The Australian Project.

So, Last time I bred the TB. Quick analysis:

Brumby = Stock x Aus. Pony
Stock = (perch x TB) x (Quarter Horse x Waler)
Quarter = TB x Chickasaw x (arab x Andulasion)
Chickasaw = (Spanish Jennet x Sorraia) x (spanish barb x TB)
Spanish Barb = (Spanish Jennet x WAB) x Andulasion x WAB)
Spanish Jennet = (Arab x Sorraia) x NAB

So, this time: I present to you my notes on the Spanish Jennet. Interesting though, I should of perhaps recorded somehow just how many horses that I've used in this project to date… even now, I'm spread thin in some of my breeds on my frozen account (which is permanently a juggling act to fit the horses even though the quantity is maxed out (at 211 horses.) The bad side? Its going to take time to redo those breeds (ie, the WAB, sorraia etc) the good side? It'll reduce the possibility of interrelationship.

But back to the Spanish Jennet:

Spanish Jennet = (Arab x Sorraia) x NAB
Height: 13.0-15.1hh
Build: Very Light - Light
Body Size: 10-30%
Type: 90-70 Horse Type

Height: 13.0 - 15.1
Arabian: generally are within this range, especially AC horses: although, may be on the slightly higher side.
Sorraia: Generally (or at least, the ones I've bred) are on the shorter side, so should be fine, will balance out the height of the arab.
(NAB): right in the middle, no problems.
Analysis: Height shouldn't be a problem, so long as it is not forgotten

Build: Very Light - Light
Arabian: Generally Very light. Choose the lighter variations
Sorraia: Generally Medium-Medium Light. Choose lighter variations
(NAB): Generally Light. Wait, monitor according to the Arab x Sorraia Crosses.
Analysis: Choose the lightest Arabs to bring down the Sorraia's medium build. Foals may vary, will be easy to slip either too heavy or too light so NAB build requirements may vary.

Body Size: 10-30%
Arabian: Typically very low.
Sorraia: Typically slightly higher than SJ requirements.
NAB: Typically on the slightly higher side for SJ requirements: look on the lighter side within the bounds of the breed.
Analysis: The Arabian will bring the Sorraia cross low enough, but the NAB body size will have to be watched: pick only the lighter variations.

Type: 90-70% Horse
Arabian: High-Very high within this range, may even creep beyond the 90%.
Sorraia: Below the Requirements, typically around 50-60%.
NAB: Lower side of the requirements, typically around 75%
Analysis: Look for high body type within the bounds of all breeds: Arabian especially, and NAB as well. This may be the biggest problem point.

So, looking per breed:

Arabian:
Height: NA
Build: Very Light
Body: Choose lower variations
Type: higher side
Overall: Shouldn’t be a problem. If anything, could even tip the scales to the opposite way if the horse is too light, too low body build, and too high body type.

Sorraia:
Height: NA
Build: Choose as light as possible
Body: Choose lower Variations
Type: higher side
Overall:

NAB: (all dependant on how arab x sorraia foals turn out)
Height: Higher side
Build: (L) look for lighter
Body: Choose lower variations
Type: choose as high as possible (seems fine.)

Initial observations from Arab x Sorraia Foals:
Height: seems to be on the lower side - BUT I've been monitoring them between 3 - 6 years, so still could increase.
Build: Pretty much all light, so long as they stay light.. Watch that the body size doesn’t increase too much, should help - but could be a problem.
Body: within the desired scale, but defiantly on the heavier side. Will need to watch the NAB score here. Could defiantly become an issue.
Type: on the lower side - but I'll think we'll make it :D

Note: I'm starting to monitor their GP, and colour (to a certain degree.) when possible, culling foals that have either a) a GP lower than both parents or b) a red stat. Trying to lean towards the darker colors - choosing dark brown+black from AC when possible. Unfortunately, I have a bit of dun scattered through my heard, but we'll just have to see what happens.

After: Well, now most of my horses are dark bay for this generation, or black although there are a couple of scattered palominos and lighter shades in amongst the rest. As for hoping to eliminate the red stats - well, that didn’t go to well… I guess its partly the influence of the AC breeds, and right now I don’t want to go through and improve each breed before achieving my final goal.. It wouldn’t feel "true" for me.

The biggest issues that I faced (although even then they were only minor, thankfully) was that some foals become too short (and a couple were even too tall.) The biggest "margin of error" where the foals were "failed breedings" was when their build became medium light rather than "light." the Arab is naturally very light.. I advise ONLY using VL Arabs, the Sorraia naturally heavier (pick the lighter variations), producing mostly light and some medium light foals. All ML's I rehomed. The NAB's were all light. Some of those with higher body % created ML foals, which again were culls. Speaking of body size, that area must be watched.. As many of my foals only just made it within the upper percentile. But all in all, this session seemed relatively easy to other breed recipes, (touch wood) and the success rate was high. Now, I'm nearly ready to move on :D

Next up: Spanish Barb [(spanish Jennet x WAB) x (Andulasion x WAB)]
By the looks of things, I'll have to breed some more WAB's, but that shouldn’t take too long as they're all AC horses WAB=[(Arab x NAB) x (NAB x Forest )] - minus the small fact that there doesn’t seem to be many ac horses on the market at the moment, so I'm gobbling up all my pts!

Sigh.. That’s it, until next time: but trust me, right now there's some really weird stuff going on outside with the traffic.. (irrelevant, sorry!)

But as always: all the best,
Royale.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Royale Ranch wrote: Sigh.. That’s it, until next time: but trust me, right now there's some really weird stuff going on outside with the traffic.. (irrelevant, sorry!)

Royale.
That was a good read! thanks.. i have seen your sorraias and mongolians, am i right when i guess you want to make everything 0 COI?

About your RealLife shizzle, this is your log and if you want to share things about personal problems you dont have to apologize. some times it helps to talk about it to people you dont really know, some times it makes it worse :twisted: :lol:
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

8arbarossa wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote: Sigh.. That’s it, until next time: but trust me, right now there's some really weird stuff going on outside with the traffic.. (irrelevant, sorry!)

Royale.
That was a good read! thanks.. i have seen your sorraias and mongolians, am i right when i guess you want to make everything 0 COI?

About your RealLife shizzle, this is your log and if you want to share things about personal problems you dont have to apologize. some times it helps to talk about it to people you dont really know, some times it makes it worse :twisted: :lol:

thanks for the compliment :D

yes that's right... in one way, its not a "major" requirement, and through the generations it may change - but at this stage, i'm just playing by ear, so to speak.
8arbarossa
Visit My Farm

Post by 8arbarossa »

Royale Ranch wrote: thanks for the compliment :D

yes that's right... in one way, its not a "major" requirement, and through the generations it may change - but at this stage, i'm just playing by ear, so to speak.
in my opinion its very respectable!

1.the easiest way to play this game is by upbreeding (from 50% to higer)
2.The second way is by breeding from scratch with all horses
3.But the most difficult and time consuming way is breeding 0%COI and getting complicated breeds like spanish barbs and australian horses.

It cost so much space and time, its really hard and i think most serious players would agree.

Players like you and also Wild Flicka really do a good job
♞ ☠ 8αƦβαƦø$$α ☠ ♞
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

well, here 'tis, another post - eventually. Although, to be honest, there really isn't much to report.

I guess most of my time has been spent training.... either my own or/and other peoples horses.. during which, i'm obviously churning through the grinders - so i'm learning which of my lines perform well and what ones don't. on that note, i'm monitoring the endurance scores of some of my grinders... and - I think - they're gradually lowering a little.

Speaking of grinders - because I am using so many - I kind of did a bulk batch of I don't know how many foals a little while ago... long story short, i'm training them, and selling most of the excess horses off very soon - will create a topic in the sale forum shortly.

now - projects. For a while there I had them all set out very neatly.. but you know what happens with projects? they switch, change, new ideas are formed and old ones abandoned. Right now, i'm determined to only actively work on TWO projects - at least until some leeway is made with at least one of them.

1. Endurance Competing/Grinder Arabians
2. Australian Stock Horses From Scratch

Project 1: Endurance Competing/Grinder Arabians
This is pretty well already covered above. I'm monitoring the scores of my heard, keeping an eye on their foal's results, and so on.. but it takes time. Next up, I need to complete training on my last bulk lot of foals, train them, record their results and sell them.... *watch this space* - or rather - the sales ad space ;)

Project 2: Australian Stock Horses From Scratch
*sighs* hmmm well - this project is part of my end goal of establishing a competitive line of Australian Horses, but they must (or at least one line) must start from scratch. so i've started with my least favorite -t he Australian stock horse. Really hasnt been too much progress since last time i posted, but i reeally, really want that to change fairly soon. Right now? I have a whole lot of 'frozen' project horses scattered over every possible account that i have and i'm only too willing to clear it up a little.

Project X: Market Clear-up
i wasn't going to mention this - but might as well since i'm on a roll. not really a project, so to speak, but i'm all for "clearing up the market" a little.. so, i have a benchmark figure that i "try" to keep to - and if i have any excess money over that, i'll spend it on horses in the market. It's only a guess, but this last little while, while im training so much, ive splurged.. and i can only guess that ive spent more than 7 mil on horses... this is what i've said on my farm homepage:

During training, very little of the farm is used. the farm ages quickly. Over time, the number of horses on the market has grown substantially. while this is to be expected, there are many benefits of "culling" the amount of horses for sale. no need to go into all my arguments, but see here: 1) horses that have been for sale for - ages - 2) monitoring the economy on HWO 3) donating money to other players ;)' Personally, i like to buy older horses as they age out quicker. however, sometimes i either a) buy all ages or b) target foals. rehomable horses may be rehomed. Don't be offended... if you wouldn't like this to happen to your horse(s) either a) let me know or b) note it on your sale ad. I do try to avoid AC horses as they are so valuable ;) If I bought your horses, and you want them back - please - just ask!

a big thanks to BlackOak and 8arbarossa's contribution since my last post - appreciated :D

and remember how i said last time that the traffic was weird outside? yeah, well it took me an extra hour to drive home as there was an accident..

fingers crossed, the next time i post - it will actually be a worthwhile update ;)

enjoy the holidays - everyone.. or at least, those that get them... and make the most of the seasonal break.. be safe :D
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

well, hello all..

mumbles... *i totally haven't been MIA from HWO for two months......*
anyhow,.. nice to see everyone and the horses :D

How is everyone going? surviving?

anyhow... this is a farm log, so see below report:

CURRENT FARM STATUS:
28 May 2020: unearthing everything, rediscovering how many horses i own and what projects are happening... oh, and did i mention that since i abruptly *lost* all my previous HWO data that i had recorded... ive got a log of hours to make up........ *sighs* be back with an update after all my virtual HWO stalls are mucked out - litrally :D

i'll probably end up with a big sale soon..perhaps.

another update will come... and i trust this time it wont take as long as the previous one to arrive :D
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 5:54 pm