Community Forum

The Potential Addition of a Game Rule Discussion

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: The Potential Addition of a Game Rule Discussion

Post by BlackOak2 »

Royale Ranch wrote:I'm another to both agree and disagree....

I disagree on sharing accounts, but can understand the "passing on of an account.."

Of course, all circumstances and situations vary... for someone that has been playing for a week or two, its pointless.... but in other cases, say a player is leaving the game after a year: they have a substantial farm and so on, and choose to pass it on to someone that is going to continue their projects.. well of course!

but yeah, as always: with some cases it will work, others it wont. and it always helps to be truthful ;)
I appreciate your input, Royale Ranch.

The point I was trying to make, without saying as much (to avoid giving ideas to those that haven't considered it), was that on other games in the past, accounts would be aged and maximized in certain ways, then sold for real money to another player that wanted a 'ready-made' account. Not allowing transfers at all, or at least having the rule in place, can help to dissuade such things. Plus, there is then recourse if such things do, in fact, happen. In reality, these things still do happen, but they're generally limited to much more higher profile games.

But again, I can also understand the ease of simply switching the entire account to another user, instead of transferring ALL the horse, then ALL the money to an entirely different account that may or may not have the capacity to house all of them.

I have mixed feelings on the subject of transferring, but if I had to choose one or the other, I would prefer to NOT, rather then HAVE, to at least prevent illegal transfers from happening (real selling of accounts).
But again, that's my opinion.
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

BlackOak2 wrote:
I appreciate your input, Royale Ranch.

The point I was trying to make, without saying as much (to avoid giving ideas to those that haven't considered it), was that on other games in the past, accounts would be aged and maximized in certain ways, then sold for real money to another player that wanted a 'ready-made' account. Not allowing transfers at all, or at least having the rule in place, can help to dissuade such things. Plus, there is then recourse if such things do, in fact, happen. In reality, these things still do happen, but they're generally limited to much more higher profile games.

But again, I can also understand the ease of simply switching the entire account to another user, instead of transferring ALL the horse, then ALL the money to an entirely different account that may or may not have the capacity to house all of them.

I have mixed feelings on the subject of transferring, but if I had to choose one or the other, I would prefer to NOT, rather then HAVE, to at least prevent illegal transfers from happening (real selling of accounts).
But again, that's my opinion.
No problems, BlackOak.

To be honest, I hadn't even considered real money coming into the equation when considering the transferring of accounts, and can easily see how this would completely upset the balance of the game - if nothing else besides the illegality of such. (which of course comes first and foremost)

Thanks for bringing this up, although I can understand your hesitation. I support you fully in preventing such transfers. :)
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

People really shouldn't be sharing accounts, or email addresses or anything like that. I'm sure there are exceptions that make sense but I would strongly discourage shared accounts with people who aren't people you trust in real life.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Thank you for that input, Tom.
So my assumption that we don't have a formal rule for either was in fact correct?
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

There appears to be only limited interest or opinion in this.
I am still interested and open for discussion, but for now, I suppose only a warning is wanted by the community.

So the warning stands.
It is best to NOT share an account. If shared with a player under potential COPPA regulations, the shared account will also be subject to COPPA regulations. Or those laws or regulations similar to COPPA in your region or country of residency. Also be advised that once a shared account falls under COPPA, all other connected accounts may suddenly share the same fate.
It is also best NOT to transfer an account. It is easy enough to start an account and make it into what's wanted, rather than taking over another account.

Understand that under either of these occurrences, ownership is at best a gray area and one problem that might occur with one owner can so easily be also attributed to the other. There is little in the way of proof that can be offered to a wholly online only (or mostly online only) community.
I will make a note of this in the general internet safety topic so that it's easier to find.

Cheers! And enjoy the game!
:mrgreen:
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
spottedleaf10
Visit My Farm

Post by spottedleaf10 »

Hello Tom! Do you think it would be ok for my sister and me to share an account for training/ageing/maybe breeding?
Tom wrote:People really shouldn't be sharing accounts, or email addresses or anything like that. I'm sure there are exceptions that make sense but I would strongly discourage shared accounts with people who aren't people you trust in real life.
Tom
Admin
Admin
Visit My Farm

Post by Tom »

As long as it doesn't cause any problems and I don't have to do anything about it.
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri May 03, 2024 2:37 am

It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:37 am