Community Forum

The Potential Addition of a Game Rule Discussion

Comment on features or suggest new features for inclusion in the game.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

The Potential Addition of a Game Rule Discussion

Post by BlackOak2 »

I don't know whether this is a rule in the game already or not. I do not believe so, but I could be wrong.

But I do think it's a point that should be brought up and discussed within our community and the HWO game itself.

Sharing Accounts.

Personally, I think it's a very slippery slope that leads to poor outcomes. I don't like the idea of an account being shared on any game, any where, in any circumstances.
If this rule isn't already in place on HWO, I think we should seriously consider adding it. But that is my personal opinion.
Related to this is the transfer of an account from one player to another. I don't like this either. For the same reason as sharing an account, in addition to the fact that such transfers can not be tracked and monitored.

But as this is a potentially very hot-topic consideration, I would like to hear input from the community if we should or shouldn't and their personal thoughts and feelings on this.

Of course, this is done under the assumption that HWO doesn't already have this rule. Maybe admin can chime in with a yea, it's already there, or a nay, it is not. Because I really don't know it's status.

Thank you!
Don't forget to check it out!
Quick Start Guide For Newbies
Link to additional information.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: The Potential Addition of a Game Rule Discussion

Post by PeacefulOreo »

BlackOak2 wrote:I don't know whether this is a rule in the game already or not. I do not believe so, but I could be wrong.

But I do think it's a point that should be brought up and discussed within our community and the HWO game itself.

Sharing Accounts.

Personally, I think it's a very slippery slope that leads to poor outcomes. I don't like the idea of an account being shared on any game, any where, in any circumstances.
If this rule isn't already in place on HWO, I think we should seriously consider adding it. But that is my personal opinion.
Related to this is the transfer of an account from one player to another. I don't like this either. For the same reason as sharing an account, in addition to the fact that such transfers can not be tracked and monitored.

But as this is a potentially very hot-topic consideration, I would like to hear input from the community if we should or shouldn't and their personal thoughts and feelings on this.

Of course, this is done under the assumption that HWO doesn't already have this rule. Maybe admin can chime in with a yea, it's already there, or a nay, it is not. Because I really don't know it's status.

Thank you!
I agree with this completely. There should not be any reason for anyone to share accounts with another person. You can simply create your own account and there you go, you don't need to share. If you learn to use your money wisely and work hard, you are able to take your own courses, build up your farm, and own horses. If you need help with anything, you can simply ask the community and they will gladly help out (that doesn't mean take advantage of anyone). That's my opinion on this sharing accounts thing
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

PeacefulOreo wrote:...
I appreciate your input, PeacefulOreo.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

BlackOak2 wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:...
I appreciate your input, PeacefulOreo.
:D
Katy_Kanes
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Katy_Kanes »

I agree and disagree.

I agree on no transfering accounts and (kinda) no shared accounts.

I think that if you make a side account, you can let people you know IRL share the account. For example, me and my sister share an account. I'm not going to say the name, b/c we keep it low profile, but we both use it. We make all the decisions together, so nothing gets sloppy.
BlackOak2
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by BlackOak2 »

Katy_Kanes wrote:I agree and disagree.

I agree on no transfering accounts and (kinda) no shared accounts.

I think that if you make a side account, you can let people you know IRL share the account. For example, me and my sister share an account. I'm not going to say the name, b/c we keep it low profile, but we both use it. We make all the decisions together, so nothing gets sloppy.
I appreciate your input, Katy_Kanes.
There would be very little ability to track a different person using the same computer and same login, as I'm assuming your case is. And certainly, some people may be able to share an account reasonably. But what of those others; or if an argument ensues and somebody does something out of spite?
One owner for an account helps to protect it from incidentals.

However, you do show that it is possible to share an account without incident, which is obviously great to see. :D

The question I do have is: would you suggest that others share an account? Mostly a rhetorical question.
BlackOak2's Quick-Links
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

I'm another to both agree and disagree....

I disagree on sharing accounts, but can understand the "passing on of an account.."

Of course, all circumstances and situations vary... for someone that has been playing for a week or two, its pointless.... but in other cases, say a player is leaving the game after a year: they have a substantial farm and so on, and choose to pass it on to someone that is going to continue their projects.. well of course!

but yeah, as always: with some cases it will work, others it wont. and it always helps to be truthful ;)
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Royale Ranch wrote:I'm another to both agree and disagree....

I disagree on sharing accounts, but can understand the "passing on of an account.."

Of course, all circumstances and situations vary... for someone that has been playing for a week or two, its pointless.... but in other cases, say a player is leaving the game after a year: they have a substantial farm and so on, and choose to pass it on to someone that is going to continue their projects.. well of course!

but yeah, as always: with some cases it will work, others it wont. and it always helps to be truthful ;)
even passing the account to someone is technically not "sharing" because if you don't get back on, then the other player who you passed the account to is in full control of what's going on.
Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

PeacefulOreo wrote:
Royale Ranch wrote:I'm another to both agree and disagree....

even passing the account to someone is technically not "sharing" because if you don't get back on, then the other player who you passed the account to is in full control of what's going on.

true :D i was referring to what Blackoak said at the start, perhaps i should have quoted it:

"Related to this is the transfer of an account from one player to another. I don't like this either. For the same reason as sharing an account, in addition to the fact that such transfers can not be tracked and monitored."
PeacefulOreo
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by PeacefulOreo »

Royale Ranch wrote:
PeacefulOreo wrote:

true :D i was referring to what Blackoak said at the start, perhaps i should have quoted it:

"Related to this is the transfer of an account from one player to another. I don't like this either. For the same reason as sharing an account, in addition to the fact that such transfers can not be tracked and monitored."
True
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 21, 2024 2:24 am

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 2:24 am