Community Forum

WRITING CONTEST- RESULTS OUT

Want to hold your own contest? Post the details here!
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Re: CLOSED- JUDGING

Post by h a z e l »

RenegadePegasus wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:ping
Thank you! I did think I went a little overboard with the dialogue, I really wanted it to seem like {TM} Undaunted was a snotty braggart. I mean that’s kind of how I see him, since he is pretty successful. Thanks again for holding this contest! :D :D :D
You're welcome! :) It's all right, you did a great job :) You are most welcome! Btw, the second place winner wants me to give half her money to you and half to Lila, so you will receive $400,000 in total instead of $150,000 :)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Southerngal wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:...
I honestly didn't think I would get anything :lol: guess I was wrong? Thanks a lot though! I guess I could link this horse --> http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2140196
You're welcome! :) I offered!
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Lila25172 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:Results

1st Place:

Congratulations, you won the million dollar first place prize! :D
You got a total of 18 points- 4 for Story Flow, 5 for Research, 5 for Interest, and 4 for Grammar.
At first I wasn't sure if you would win because you didn't really focus on the actual race that much- but then I changed my mind :lol:. I loved your unique perspective and your story was excellent! It held my attention, flowed well, and you used grammar correctly. Wonderful job :)
Please link a rehomable horse for me to offer your money on!

2nd Place:

I absolutely loved your focus on the actual race Kam, great job :D
You earned 17 points- 4 for Story Flow, 5 for Research, 5 for Interest, and 3 for Grammar.
You had such a good story, I really enjoyed reading it :) Your perspective was neat, and I loved how you tried to give a background on each of the horses and me. You definitely did your research :D At the end of the day though, Southergal's grammar was better, so she takes first place.
Congrats :D, and please link a rehomable horse for me to offer your $500,000 on!

3rd Place:

Congratulations on third place Sawd! :)
You earned a total of 15 points- 3 for Story Flow, 4 for Research, 4 for Interest, and 4 for Grammar.
I absolutely loved your race description! I also liked how you told the story from the second place horse's point of view. The blow dryer incident was also pretty funny :lol:
Thank you so much for entering; I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D (I didn't mind one bit that your story was long :))
Please link a rehomable horse for me to put your $250,000 on :)

Runner-Ups

I want to thank you both so much for entering :D I want to give you $150,000 for entering and for writing such good stories :)
Pegasus, you earned 14 points, you were only 1 point short of earning 3rd place :oops: You got 5 points for story flow, 3 for research, 4 for interest, and 2 for grammar. Your story flow was excellent and you held my interest, but your grammar hurt you in the end. I wasn't sure if I loved all of the dialogue between the two horses, but it was pretty amusing :) I want to thank you for entering, and I also want to say that you are a great writer :) I can't wait to see what you do with your section of the newsletter!
Lila, you earned 13 points- 3 for story flow, 2 for research, 4 for interest, and 4 for grammar. You had a great story! I liked your perspective, and I liked the humor you injected into a couple places in the story. However, your description of the actual race was only two or three sentences. I would have liked to see more about the race and more details period. I did genuinely enjoy your story though- I mean no offense :) Thank you so much for entering :)

Thank you so much for hosting this amazing contest! I really enjoyed writing a story for it! The link to the horse is down here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2147824 I just put him up for offers! Thanks again!
You're welcome :) I'm glad you enjoyed it! Btw, the second place winner wanted me to give you half her prize money so I offered $400,000 instead of just $150,000 :)
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Re: WRITING CONTEST- RESULTS OUT

Post by h a z e l »

Madi10117 wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:ping
Hazel,

Thank you! I knew I was going to be dinged on my grammar as I forgot to check it. Please split my prize with the two who did not place. I feel that I do not need it and would like to share the wealth.

Kamichi
Aw that's too bad Kam :oops: I really did love your story! Sure, I can do that for you :) That is very generous!
Kamichi Stables
Visit My Farm

Post by Kamichi Stables »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
Madi10117 wrote:
Hazel,

Thank you! I knew I was going to be dinged on my grammar as I forgot to check it. Please split my prize with the two who did not place. I feel that I do not need it and would like to share the wealth.

Kamichi
Aw that's too bad Kam :oops: I really did love your story! Sure, I can do that for you :) That is very generous!
Nah, it's all good. I had fun writing it and that is all that matters! :D

Kamichi
What are you actually supposed to put here?
-Kam
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Kamichi Stables wrote:
_h a z e l_ wrote:
Nah, it's all good. I had fun writing it and that is all that matters! :D

Kamichi
I'm glad you did :D
RenegadePegasus
Visit My Farm

Post by RenegadePegasus »

_h a z e l_ wrote:
RenegadePegasus wrote: Thank you! I did think I went a little overboard with the dialogue, I really wanted it to seem like {TM} Undaunted was a snotty braggart. I mean that’s kind of how I see him, since he is pretty successful. Thanks again for holding this contest! :D :D :D
You're welcome! :) It's all right, you did a great job :) You are most welcome! Btw, the second place winner wants me to give half her money to you and half to Lila, so you will receive $400,000 in total instead of $150,000 :)
Oh well that’s very kind! Lemme find a horse real quick... ok here: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/2145654
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

1st Place:
Southerngal wrote:..
You got a total of 18 points- 4 for Story Flow, 5 for Research, 5 for Interest, and 4 for Grammar.
At first I wasn't sure if you would win because you didn't really focus on the actual race that much- but then I changed my mind :lol:. I loved your unique perspective and your story was excellent! It held my attention, flowed well, and you used grammar correctly. Wonderful job :)

2nd Place:
Kamichi Stables wrote:...
You earned 17 points- 4 for Story Flow, 5 for Research, 5 for Interest, and 3 for Grammar.
You had such a good story, I really enjoyed reading it :) Your perspective was neat, and I loved how you tried to give a background on each of the horses and me. You definitely did your research :D At the end of the day though, Southergal's grammar was better, so she takes first place.
Congrats :D, and please link a rehomable horse for me to offer your $500,000 on!

3rd Place:
Sawd10 wrote:...
You earned a total of 15 points- 3 for Story Flow, 4 for Research, 4 for Interest, and 4 for Grammar.
I absolutely loved your race description! I also liked how you told the story from the second place horse's point of view. The blow dryer incident was also pretty funny :lol:
Thank you so much for entering; I'm glad you enjoyed it! :D (I didn't mind one bit that your story was long :))

Runner-Ups
RenegadePegasus wrote:...
Lila25172 wrote:...
I want to thank you both so much for entering :D I want to give you $150,000 for entering and for writing such good stories :)
Pegasus, you earned 14 points, you were only 1 point short of earning 3rd place :oops: You got 5 points for story flow, 3 for research, 4 for interest, and 2 for grammar. Your story flow was excellent and you held my interest, but your grammar hurt you in the end. I wasn't sure if I loved all of the dialogue between the two horses, but it was pretty amusing :) I want to thank you for entering, and I also want to say that you are a great writer :) I can't wait to see what you do with your section of the newsletter!
Lila, you earned 13 points- 3 for story flow, 2 for research, 4 for interest, and 4 for grammar. You had a great story! I liked your perspective, and I liked the humor you injected into a couple places in the story. However, your description of the actual race was only two or three sentences. I would have liked to see more about the race and more details period. I did genuinely enjoy your story though- I mean no offense :) Thank you so much for entering :)
Oh, awesome! Thank you so much!
Here is a rehomable horse: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1977413 Thanks again, it was awesome!
A wise man once said nothing at all.
h a z e l
Visit My Farm

Post by h a z e l »

Sawd10 wrote:

1st Place:

2nd Place:

3rd Place:

Runner-Ups

Oh, awesome! Thank you so much!
Here is a rehomable horse: http://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/1977413 Thanks again, it was awesome!
You are most welcome; thank you for entering! :)
I offered!
Joes_Horse_Rescue_27
Visit My Farm

Post by Joes_Horse_Rescue_27 »

Congrate everyone
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 pm

It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:05 pm