Community Forum

Training tips?

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Veterinarian
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Re: Training tips?

Post by Veterinarian »

Sawd10 wrote: ping
Hi Sawd10 I think the others have covered up pretty much everything on this subject :lol:.

I myself have maxed out the Energy Saver ( I and II) and the Training Techniques and Advanced training. (When we say maxed it does not mean that they will be maxed out at 100%, Energy Saver will be at -40% and Training Techniques will be at 10%)

Then the best thing that you could do is to get your Stamina Training at 20.00 or 24.00% and then start maxing out Movement, Agility etc.

Then you can do exactly the Training guide (with training the horse) that Shadow_Hills has given you as this is the guide that most trainers follow.

Make sure you follow every step though!

If you are given a horse and want to change their weight, say, from Very Fat to thin then you should keep in mind that you should never do this after the energy that a 30 minute lesson takes is lower than 51%.

You need all the energy you can get from a horse in order to finish them faster and since in order to make your horse thinner you lower their feed which results in the horse not having as much energy as before, you need to make sure that you do it when your horse has just started their training.

When your horse starts their Training you will see that there will be a little energy left you can lower your horses feed to the exact amount of the energy that your horse has after a lesson (watch out though as you continue to train a horse, the energy that they have left will continue to decrease till there is none left)

Now about changing your horses temperament.

Keep in mind that not every horse can have their temperament changed and a good way to tell apart a horse that you can change their temperament from a horse that you can't is to see what temperament they were born with.

If they were born with a bombproof temperament that is not a good sign.

If your horse though is not a newborn or a few months old then the only way you can see this is by trying to change their temperament.

To horses, changing their temperament can take from a few months to a whole year and more.

Now here is a 'scale':
High Strung
Spirited
Even Tempered
Calm
Bombproof
If you want to go up the scale, say from Bombproof to High Strung then you want to feed your horse a feed that is High on Sugar and LOW on fiber. If you want to get your horse from high strung to Bombproof then you will want to feed your horse a feed that is LOW on sugar and High on Fiber.

If you have a Bombproof horse to get him to even tempered they will go from Bombproof to Calm and then to Even Tempered.

There is a huge problem though with trying to keep a horse's temperament to Calm, Even Tempered and Spirited. If you want to change a horse's temperament from Calm to Spirited your horse will go from Calm to Even Tempered and then to Spirited but that does not mean that they will stop changing their temperament and stay Spirited because if you continue to feed your horse a feed high on Sugar then your horse will continue to Change their temperament till they reach High Strung.

To keep your horse's temperament to, say, Spirited you will first need to reach this temperament and then feed the horse a feed that is High on Protein and low on Fiber and Sugar. You will see though that there is no such feed so you will have to constantly change the horse's feed in order to keep it at a specific temperament.

PS: Sorry this turned out to be REALLY long....
Black Diamond Eq
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Black Diamond Eq »

Hi, before I opened my training service I would just train my own horses and work on the training skills
I definitely recommend maxing out energy saver and advanced training
Then the main skill I would focus on after that is stamina, intelligence, agility, and movement
you can still upgrade the others too but they aren't as important, as the training method I use trains for that skill anyway

when I started I didn't really know what to specifically upgrade before starting a training service so I just kept training my own horses until I eventually managed to train them within 3 years, then I thought I should try open a training forum
-if you want to start training as a way to earn money but aren't able to train as quickly (like maybe within 4 years) then try to train and sell some of your own horses, it'll help get you some money to upgrade to skills

10.00% = Basic Training Bonus
-40.00% = Training Intensity Reduction
+6.00 = Trainers Ticket Crafting
28.00% = Agility Training Bonus
24.00% = Balance Training Bonus
24.00% = Intelligence Training Bonus
28.00% = Movement Training Bonus
28.00% = Speed Training Bonus
28.00% = Stamina Training Bonus
20.00% = Strength Training Bonus
20.00% = Tempo Training Bonus

^At the moment these are my training stats

(I think everyone else has explained temperament and weight change really well)

I normally follow a specific training method, I found it ages ago but when I was training my own horses - once I tried this method it definitely helped train in less time

So what I do is I will start at a walk on collection and impulsion for the max min I can do (I start at 20min), if there is leftover energy then I will do another 5min too
I do this until the energy used by this at 30min (i just keep checking) is at 102, I then switch it to lunge on the flat which changes the energy used to 100 (as it is less difficult), once I have done this I switch it back to collection and impulsion at 30min until they reach 99.5% in stamina and intelligence
I then change it to jumping obstacles until the horse reaches 99.5% agility
Then I switch it to Ground poles until the movement is at 99.5% (i would say that movement is the more difficult skill to train- it would take the longest)
Then I switch back to lunge on the flat but this time I do this at gallop until speed is at 99.5%

I find that all the other skills like tempo, strength, etc improve alongside these so I don't really need to switch to other activities to work on them (other than the occasional pull a cart if somehow strength doesn't reach at least 99.5% at the end

(i found this method from a post from Kayaine - I don't wanna take credit :) )

I hope this has helped and isn't too confusing
HorzeLover101 wrote:Ping
Also is there any chance I could also see your guide so I could try to improve my method

Oh and with the temperament thing, if a horse is younger (under 6months) it is easier to change their temperament in a barn as you can give them another feed alongside mares milk, in a pasture, they just eat the grass. I would love to be able to explain how to actually do this but I still don't know how the feed in barns work :(
Just recently I realized I could put the foals in there and give them a certain feed (100% yellow corn) then when i move them back into a pasture the feed still stays like that so they don't end up eating the grass instead
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Veterinarian wrote:
Hi Sawd10 I think the others have covered up pretty much everything on this subject :lol:.

I myself have maxed out the Energy Saver ( I and II) and the Training Techniques and Advanced training. (When we say maxed it does not mean that they will be maxed out at 100%, Energy Saver will be at -40% and Training Techniques will be at 10%)

Then the best thing that you could do is to get your Stamina Training at 20.00 or 24.00% and then start maxing out Movement, Agility etc.

Then you can do exactly the Training guide (with training the horse) that Shadow_Hills has given you as this is the guide that most trainers follow.

Make sure you follow every step though!

If you are given a horse and want to change their weight, say, from Very Fat to thin then you should keep in mind that you should never do this after the energy that a 30 minute lesson takes is lower than 51%.

You need all the energy you can get from a horse in order to finish them faster and since in order to make your horse thinner you lower their feed which results in the horse not having as much energy as before, you need to make sure that you do it when your horse has just started their training.

When your horse starts their Training you will see that there will be a little energy left you can lower your horses feed to the exact amount of the energy that your horse has after a lesson (watch out though as you continue to train a horse, the energy that they have left will continue to decrease till there is none left)

Now about changing your horses temperament.

Keep in mind that not every horse can have their temperament changed and a good way to tell apart a horse that you can change their temperament from a horse that you can't is to see what temperament they were born with.

If they were born with a bombproof temperament that is not a good sign.

If your horse though is not a newborn or a few months old then the only way you can see this is by trying to change their temperament.

To horses, changing their temperament can take from a few months to a whole year and more.

Now here is a 'scale':
High Strung
Spirited
Even Tempered
Calm
Bombproof
If you want to go up the scale, say from Bombproof to High Strung then you want to feed your horse a feed that is High on Sugar and LOW on fiber. If you want to get your horse from high strung to Bombproof then you will want to feed your horse a feed that is LOW on sugar and High on Fiber.

If you have a Bombproof horse to get him to even tempered they will go from Bombproof to Calm and then to Even Tempered.

There is a huge problem though with trying to keep a horse's temperament to Calm, Even Tempered and Spirited. If you want to change a horse's temperament from Calm to Spirited your horse will go from Calm to Even Tempered and then to Spirited but that does not mean that they will stop changing their temperament and stay Spirited because if you continue to feed your horse a feed high on Sugar then your horse will continue to Change their temperament till they reach High Strung.

To keep your horse's temperament to, say, Spirited you will first need to reach this temperament and then feed the horse a feed that is High on Protein and low on Fiber and Sugar. You will see though that there is no such feed so you will have to constantly change the horse's feed in order to keep it at a specific temperament.

PS: Sorry this turned out to be REALLY long....
Thanks very much! Just wondering! HAh it's okay, my posts tur n out very long! :lol:
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Black Diamond Eq wrote:
Hi, before I opened my training service I would just train my own horses and work on the training skills
Then the main skill I would focus on after that is stamina, intelligence, agility, and movement
you can still upgrade the others too but they aren't as important, as the training method I use trains for that skill anyway

when I started I didn't really know what to specifically upgrade before starting a training service so I just kept training my own horses until I eventually managed to train them within 3 years, then I thought I should try open a training forum
-if you want to start training as a way to earn money but aren't able to train as quickly (like maybe within 4 years) then try to train and sell some of your own horses, it'll help get you some money to upgrade to skills

I normally follow a specific training method, I found it ages ago but when I was training my own horses - once I tried this method it definitely helped train in less time

So what I do is I will start at a walk on collection and impulsion for the max min I can do (I start at 20min), if there is leftover energy then I will do another 5min too
I do this until the energy used by this at 30min (i just keep checking) is at 102, I then switch it to lunge on the flat which changes the energy used to 100 (as it is less difficult), once I have done this I switch it back to collection and impulsion at 30min until they reach 99.5% in stamina and intelligence
Then I switch it to Ground poles until the movement is at 99.5% (i would say that movement is the more difficult skill to train- it would take the longest)
Then I switch back to lunge on the flat but this time I do this at gallop until speed is at 99.5%

I find that all the other skills like tempo, strength, etc improve alongside these so I don't really need to switch to other activities to work on them (other than the occasional pull a cart if somehow strength doesn't reach at least 99.5% at the end

Also is there any chance I could also see your guide so I could try to improve my method

Oh and with the temperament thing, if a horse is younger (under 6months) it is easier to change their temperament in a barn as you can give them another feed alongside mares milk, in a pasture, they just eat the grass. I would love to be able to explain how to actually do this but I still don't know how the feed in barns work :(
Just recently I realized I could put the foals in there and give them a certain feed (100% yellow corn) then when i move them back into a pasture the feed still stays like that so they don't end up eating the grass instead
akright! I'm starting on the skills just in case! :) By the way, I heard that stamina is the HARDEST to train them in, right?
HallOfFame 2
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HallOfFame 2 »

Sawd10 wrote:
Black Diamond Eq wrote: Hi, before I opened my training service I would just train my own horses and work on the training skills

akright! I'm starting on the skills just in case! :) By the way, I heard that stamina is the HARDEST to train them in, right?
Stamina and Movement have been the most challenging for me. So I'd suggest maxing those first. But I'm not the expert.

~ HOF 2
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

HallOfFame 2 wrote:
Sawd10 wrote: akright! I'm starting on the skills just in case! :) By the way, I heard that stamina is the HARDEST to train them in, right?
Stamina and Movement have been the most challenging for me. So I'd suggest maxing those first. But I'm not the expert.

~ HOF 2
OK, thanks so much! You may not be the "expert" but your a great private trainer! :) :D
HorzeLover101
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by HorzeLover101 »

Black Diamond Eq wrote:

Jump on chat and ill send you the method in private msg :D

Also Ive tried barns and pasture before it seems like pasture is easier. You keep the pasture mowed between 20%-30% for bigger horses; 3mths before they are fully trained. For the mini horses their weight is a little harder to maintain so you can keep the pasture mowed at 0%-15% to maintain weight then 3mths before fully trained adjust their weight (dwindle the feed you are giving them)

Let me know if you need more information on this method. I've been training since 2015 pretty much ever since i started. maybe thats why i like training so much xD haha

You can also private msg me since it looks like you are a member :D
ℬᏟᏕℛ - Black Creek Stables Rescue
Famous Racing Belgian Breeder
Owner Of FIR Club
Legendary Trainer & Comp'er For Players
***14 Days For Pick Up - After That They Will Be Auctioned Off***

Royale Ranch
Visit My Farm
Location: Driving, Photographing or Playing the Piano (or maybe actually working)
Visit My Farm

Post by Royale Ranch »

Sawd10 wrote:
Hello. I have a question:
I don't know if I will open a training Service (I may) But I would really like to know some Training tips.. I don't really have a good idea of what stat to start training? Also, when doing training skills (such as Movement Training) What is the minimum that you think I should have before training others horses? (If I ever do). Nextly, is there any tips on what stat is the HARDEST to train them in? Oh, yeah.. Could anyone tell me the feed used to make them High Strung, Spirited, even-tempered, calm, etc? Any other tips help, too!
Again i'm late to the party... I hardly need to post! :D

but here's my 5 cents worth...

basically, do what everyone else here has suggested. as you get more confident, experiment a little with slightly different methods... you'll probably find your own way that varys slightly from everyone elses, but works better for you.

But at the start, keep your stamina skills ahead of everything else... the better stamina skill stat you have, the faster you WILL be able to train. After that, do whatever skill you are finding difficult to keep up with - most often, it will probably be movement or strength.

When it comes to changing temperament/weight:
The most difficult thing here is when you start with newborn / or under 1 year old horses. First up, you have to remember to watch the 6m mark (when their feed switches from mares milk to general feed.) Most often, a filly/foal won't "like" being in a barn until they are 2 years old.. what i mean is, the younger they are, the more fussy they will be with their feed... (and it wont give them enough energy to be trained.) Naturally, you've got to keep their energy as high as possible so you can do as much training as possible.

So, I recommend keeping foals under 1 year in a field rather than a barn. however, this may cause a problem if you need to change the temperament. (You'll learn through experience how long it takes to change temperament.) To help with this, (again, you'll have to experiment,) I suggest keeping the pasture mowed as low as the foal can handle it and supplement the rest with corn. How to know the balance? watch how much "weight" of food the foal can handle - as they grow, they obviously take more, but the grass grows as well.. you'll learn your own way soon enough :D

now, I dont know if any of that helps or not...if i've simply repeated what everyone else said, or confused you totally :D

No doubt you've already seen it, but this link should help: (it's Kayaine's training guide: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 525#p24525)

All the best,
Royale.
Sawd10
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Sawd10 »

Royale Ranch wrote:
Sawd10 wrote:
Hello. I have a question:
I don't know if I will open a training Service (I may) But I would really like to know some Training tips.. I don't really have a good idea of what stat to start training? Also, when doing training skills (such as Movement Training) What is the minimum that you think I should have before training others horses? (If I ever do). Nextly, is there any tips on what stat is the HARDEST to train them in? Oh, yeah.. Could anyone tell me the feed used to make them High Strung, Spirited, even-tempered, calm, etc? Any other tips help, too!
Again i'm late to the party... I hardly need to post! :D

but here's my 5 cents worth...

basically, do what everyone else here has suggested. as you get more confident, experiment a little with slightly different methods... you'll probably find your own way that varys slightly from everyone elses, but works better for you.

But at the start, keep your stamina skills ahead of everything else... the better stamina skill stat you have, the faster you WILL be able to train. After that, do whatever skill you are finding difficult to keep up with - most often, it will probably be movement or strength.

When it comes to changing temperament/weight:
The most difficult thing here is when you start with newborn / or under 1 year old horses. First up, you have to remember to watch the 6m mark (when their feed switches from mares milk to general feed.) Most often, a filly/foal won't "like" being in a barn until they are 2 years old.. what i mean is, the younger they are, the more fussy they will be with their feed... (and it wont give them enough energy to be trained.) Naturally, you've got to keep their energy as high as possible so you can do as much training as possible.

So, I recommend keeping foals under 1 year in a field rather than a barn. however, this may cause a problem if you need to change the temperament. (You'll learn through experience how long it takes to change temperament.) To help with this, (again, you'll have to experiment,) I suggest keeping the pasture mowed as low as the foal can handle it and supplement the rest with corn. How to know the balance? watch how much "weight" of food the foal can handle - as they grow, they obviously take more, but the grass grows as well.. you'll learn your own way soon enough :D

now, I dont know if any of that helps or not...if i've simply repeated what everyone else said, or confused you totally :D

No doubt you've already seen it, but this link should help: (it's Kayaine's training guide: http://www.horseworldonline.net/forum/v ... 525#p24525)

All the best,
Royale.
Alright LOL Thanks!!
Black Diamond Eq
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm
Visit My Farm

Post by Black Diamond Eq »

Sawd10 wrote: akright! I'm starting on the skills just in case! :) By the way, I heard that stamina is the HARDEST to train them in, right?
It does take a while but I find movement is also quite difficult
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Tue May 21, 2024 10:10 pm

It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:10 pm