Community Forum

Breeds and stats

Need some help figuring out part of the game? Post your questions here and we'll be glad to help you out.
Ealesi
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Breeds and stats

Post by Ealesi »

What breeds have higher stamina and/or movement? trying to play with stats and having a hard time finding a horse with the stats in certain areas. Is there a master list somewhere that shows what each breed is best at?
slayqueenn
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Re: Breeds and stats

Post by slayqueenn »

Breed doesn't matter that much, but if you have a breed that's typically heavy, for example, a belgian is heavy which is useful for strength, so log pull or any other discipline that has strength evaluated would be best for the belgian. If you're breeding a breed that's typically light like an arabian, racing would be best suited because their lighter body type helps them with speed. Arabians are also popular in endurance because of their stamina as well, it depends what type of breeder report comments you're looking for. You can also look at Frost's Guide To Competition Success which will help you figure out what you should be breeding for each discipline. Currently there is no master list that shows which breed is best at each discipline, but you can guess by their build which you can find with the evaluation books. For example, if you use an Arabian eval book it will tell you the typical build is very light to light. If you want to know what very light or light build is good for, you can check Frost's Guide. Hopefully this wasn't too confusing for you :?
Here's a quick link to Frost's Guide To Competition Success: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35479
What Discipline Is My Grinder Horse (Helps with build): viewtopic.php?t=42394
Most of this is basically about build of the breed you're breeding for :)
PineCrest Ranch
Breeding German horses at their finest.
We put the can in canter? - Sam
Ealesi
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ealesi »

slayqueenn wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:47 am Breed doesn't matter that much, but if you have a breed that's typically heavy, for example, a belgian is heavy which is useful for strength, so log pull or any other discipline that has strength evaluated would be best for the belgian. If you're breeding a breed that's typically light like an arabian, racing would be best suited because their lighter body type helps them with speed. Arabians are also popular in endurance because of their stamina as well, it depends what type of breeder report comments you're looking for. You can also look at Frost's Guide To Competition Success which will help you figure out what you should be breeding for each discipline. Currently there is no master list that shows which breed is best at each discipline, but you can guess by their build which you can find with the evaluation books. For example, if you use an Arabian eval book it will tell you the typical build is very light to light. If you want to know what very light or light build is good for, you can check Frost's Guide. Hopefully this wasn't too confusing for you :?
Here's a quick link to Frost's Guide To Competition Success: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=35479
I'm fiddling with breeding an all gold report horse, I'm missing 2 currently, so trying to figure out what breed(s) I can add to get there.
slayqueenn
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by slayqueenn »

Ealesi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:28 am
slayqueenn wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 1:47 am Breed doesn't matter that much, but if you have a breed that's typically heavy, for example, a belgian is heavy which is useful for strength, so log pull or any other discipline that has strength evaluated would be best for the belgian. If you're breeding a breed that's typically light like an arabian, racing would be best suited because their lighter body type helps them with speed. Arabians are also popular in endurance because of their stamina as well, it depends what type of breeder report comments you're looking for. You can also look at Frost's Guide To Competition Success which will help you figure out what you should be breeding for each discipline. Currently there is no master list that shows which breed is best at each discipline, but you can guess by their build which you can find with the evaluation books. For example, if you use an Arabian eval book it will tell you the typical build is very light to light. If you want to know what very light or light build is good for, you can check Frost's Guide. Hopefully this wasn't too confusing for you :?
I'm fiddling with breeding an all gold report horse, I'm missing 2 currently, so trying to figure out what breed(s) I can add to get there.
To get all green/gold stats is very rare, currently the most green/gold stats are either 6 or 7 out of 8. Looking at larissar's guide to br comments and confo evaluation, here's what I found about achieving those stats. :)
Breeding Tips
- Since the stats primary function as Incomplete Dominates you can be sure that if your horse has a great comment, his genes must be great, and conversely if the horse has poor comments, his genes must be poor. An average horse could be hiding great or poor genes. Paying close attention to the Breeders Report of his ancestors or children can help determine what genes the horse is hiding.

- Green Stats are stats who's value is greater than 65 out of a maximum of 100. That is a very low threshold which means you still have a lot more room for improvement.

- Red stats are stats who's value is less than 10

- Conformation Evaluation values represent the conformation portion of the Breeders Report. So if your horse has a great breeders report comment, and a poor conformation value, you can guess that the horse must then have very high natural genes to overcome the poor conformation and still end up with a great comment. However if the horse has poor natural genes then even a high conformation value won't help him because conformation doesn't actually ADD anything to the stat value. It can only subtract from the value. However these high conformation values can still be passed on to their foals.
As well as a few helpful conversations in the same forum,
You specified the range of a green stat value (65-100) So what about the golds? Its been a new update since this post, and id like to know :)

Are they "gold" (better than green)
Or are they "yellow/orange" (worse than green) ??
Here's the links to some forums with very useful information about breeding to the best of their ability.
viewtopic.php?f=17&t=22780&p=159959#p159959 - The Perfectly Formulated Horse
viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4620 - Understanding the Breeders Report and Conformation Evaluation
------------------------
I will be sure to add to this soon but since this quote is quite long I will be subscribing to the topic so no need to worry about replying. ;)
PineCrest Ranch
Ealesi
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ealesi »

slayqueenn wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:01 am
Ealesi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:28 am

To get all green/gold stats is very rare, currently the most green/gold stats are either 6 or 7 out of 8.
I currently have at least 5 that are 6 golds, that would be my starting base. If it's tied to gp, how do you get that to increase? does training impact that? Breed doesnt matter, I'm trying to hit that 7 and 8 golds :) Loftly goal, I know.
slayqueenn
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by slayqueenn »

Ealesi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:43 am
slayqueenn wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 1:01 am
To get all green/gold stats is very rare, currently the most green/gold stats are either 6 or 7 out of 8.
I currently have at least 5 that are 6 golds, that would be my starting base. If it's tied to gp, how do you get that to increase? does training impact that? Breed doesnt matter, I'm trying to hit that 7 and 8 golds :) Loftly goal, I know.
Training doesn't impact hgp sadly but overtime through generations it will increase if you're breeding to higher gp horses. There could be some quality studs on the market if you're willing to add in some new genes. If you want I can look for some that suits your needs. My goals can be very "interesting" as well :lol:

Edit: Looking at a few of your horses, most of their hgp is quite good, but I believe if you look in a few of the breeding communities you may find the 80k hgp breeding project which could potentially help you with your goals. I think they have a few studs that are available but I'm not sure since it's been quite a bit since I viewed that.
PineCrest Ranch
Ealesi
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ealesi »

I'm totally open to new genes. I've phased out my tb/arabs, only keeping maybe 5 of the best of them, but they are usable, just frozen currently. I'm more focusing on my friesian and finnish universal lines. I'd guess friesians would be a lot easier due to gene pool being a lot bigger.

Here's my current friesians that are current working gen. I'm totally open to working with whatever to work on this line!

Burn Unit - 66.7k mare
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4183561

Burn Drive - 71.4k stallion
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4186350

I've been searching studs and evaluating about 3 pages so far trying to find something to get closer.

I was thinking of mixing a 6 gold arab with the highest gold friesian i have, I'm open to breed mixing just trying not to age out my show line. I'll definitely look at that 80k hgp forum!
slayqueenn
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by slayqueenn »

Ealesi wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:34 pm I'm totally open to new genes. I've phased out my tb/arabs, only keeping maybe 5 of the best of them, but they are usable, just frozen currently. I'm more focusing on my friesian and finnish universal lines. I'd guess friesians would be a lot easier due to gene pool being a lot bigger.

Here's my current friesians that are current working gen. I'm totally open to working with whatever to work on this line!

Burn Unit - 66.7k mare
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4183561

Burn Drive - 71.4k stallion
https://www.horseworldonline.net/horse/profile/4186350

I've been searching studs and evaluating about 3 pages so far trying to find something to get closer.

I was thinking of mixing a 6 gold arab with the highest gold friesian i have, I'm open to breed mixing just trying not to age out my show line. I'll definitely look at that 80k hgp forum!
Sounds good! I can attempt to find some studs for you in the market or stud section if that's what you're looking for :) I'll try to find the link for the forum as well.

Here's a little bit of what I found while searching for that project: viewtopic.php?p=309797 (HGP, What It Is, Evaluating a Competition Horse)
Last edited by slayqueenn on Wed Apr 10, 2024 11:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PineCrest Ranch
Ealesi
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ealesi »

I'd rather buy the stud, and trying to stay fairly affordable if i can. I'm not too worried about price, but as i'm bulk breeding to try and raise gp, that's where i'd be worried about affordability
Ealesi
Premium
Premium
Visit My Farm

Post by Ealesi »

I don't mind high coi either, as long as positive results occur. my FinUni line has a current coi in the 600's% so trying not to get that bad but as long as it works, idc xD
Become a Patron!
Last visit was: Thu May 02, 2024 1:30 pm

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:30 pm